As the largest elementary school district in Arizona with 32 schools, WESD offers diverse internship and practicum opportunities to give you the best start on your career. When you are ready to student teach, receive priority placement. Then look forward to an immediate offer of a teaching position upon completion of student teaching!
Be a part of a public school district that values teacher leadership and provides you the opportunities to learn and grow. Talk to your career advisor when you are ready to start your internship or student teaching. Want to know more about the WESD experience? Contact us at 602-347-2641 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Choose WESD?
- Your internship/practicum experience can be personalized to meet your individual needs and interests.
- Internship/practicum, student teaching experience in your area of choice
- Free professional development - weekly, two-hour Professional Learning Community on-site
- Earn while you learn - After-school Academy teaching opportunities available
- Supportive, collaborative environment
“Student teaching in WESD provided me with first hand support and knowledge that has enabled me to be an effective first year teacher. Working directly with students, a knowledgeable mentor teacher and a supportive staff greatly increased my chance for success as a educator.”-6th grade teacher
"From teaching in the Washington District you are able to get a hands on experience with all different kinds of students. I was able to work with a variety of students and see firsthand how home life can affect a student. It was a very eye opening and rewarding experience. I loved how involved everyone was and how they welcomed me. Everyone was willing to help me in any way I needed help as well."- 3rd grade teacher