As a community service, the Governing Board has authorized that nonprofit organizations (i.e. Scouts, religious groups, youth sports, etc.) may distribute promotional information to WESD students as long as the following guidelines are met:
- Verified nonprofit groups may be permitted to send home flyers with each student provided that the information is to notify students and their parents of the opportunity to participate in a youth-related program, activity or event that aims to improve the health, education or welfare of students.
- Internal Revenue Service 501(c) (3) verification may be requested to determine nonprofit status.
- The disclaimer below must be on each flyer in a size that can be read with ease:
The Washington Elementary School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this document. The distribution of this material is provided as a community service.
- If the flyer includes information in Spanish, the following disclaimer must be included in the Spanish section:
El Distrito Escolar Washington ni apoya ni patrocina la organización o actividad representada en este documento. La distribución de este material es provisto como un servicio comunitario.
- Each flyer must be printed on paper no larger than 8 ½ x 11 inches. The organization's phone number must be on each flyer.
- Each flyer submitted must be accompanied by a completed "Request to Distribute" form. Be certain you are using the 2015-2016 form.
- Flyers must contain all elements as outlined on "Request to Distribute" form
- Once a flyer is approved, you must take the approved "Request to Distribute" form along with the flyers you are distributing to the school(s) designated. Flyers must be separated into groups of 30.
- Keep in mind that approved flyers may not be disseminated immediately upon receipt at the school, so plan accordingly. The school principal has the final authority on when the flyers will be distributed.
- Flyers should be submitted two weeks prior to the requested distribution date to allow time for approval.
- E-mail a copy of the flyer including the District's flyer disclaimer, the completed "Request to Distribute" form, and the organization's 501(c)3 letter from the IRS to Nicole Lusciandrello (Nicole.Lusciandrello@wesdschools.org) in the WESD Communications and Public Engagement Department or FAX: 602-347-2722 by 4 p.m. on Tuesday to be considered for approval that week. If the activity/event will be held at a WESD facility, include the Facility Use Approval received from Erika Williamson, WESD Facility Use and Enrichment coordinator (email@example.com).