Each school within the Washington School District, as well as the Administrative Center, has crisis management guidelines and a comprehensive plan designed to inform staff and students of what to do in the event of a crisis. The plans are based on the District's Crisis Manual and contain vital information necessary to assist in any emergency situation. In addition to the manual, each school and the Administrative Center have Crisis Response Teams that are mobilized in the event of an emergency to assist in providing information to the students, staff, families and community. Fire and lockdown drills are practiced regularly at each site to ensure that routines and safety procedures are well established and familiar to all. Parents/guardians can expect effective and efficient information communicated in a timely manner regarding school-related situations that may occur on campus.
- In the event of a school or District emergency, parents will be notified in the following ways:
With a message sent home in the school newsletter;
- With a special parent advisory sent home from the school;
- and or With a call and message from our PhoneMaster messaging system.
Safety and Security
The WESD appreciates and relies on the support of its neighbors to help protect its students, staff and facilities. In the event of an emergency, please call 911.
To report safety and/or security issues such as vandalism and trespassing on school campuses, water main breaks and/or other nonlife-threatening emergencies, please call 602-347-4848. This number is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When calling this number, please:
- Request that Washington Security be dispatched to the location in question.
- Provide the operator with as many details as possible.
- Provide the operator with a call back number.
You can also report safety and security issues via e-mail .