Mission, Vision and Values
VisionThe Washington Elementary School District is committed to achieving excellence for every child, every day, every opportunity.MissionThe mission of the Washington Elementary School District is student achievement, preparing all students to become responsible, successful contributors to our diverse society.ValuesAchievement, respect, integrity and responsibility form the foundation of our strong partnership among students, parents, community, and staff, united by a passion for learning. We define excellence by the values we hold.
- We value open and honest communication.
- We value the health, safety, and welfare of our students, parents, community and staff.
- We value parents as children's first and best teachers.
- We value providing equal educational opportunities for all students to achieve physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially.
- We value teaching and learning that integrate academics, fine arts, health, physical fitness and extra-curricular activities in a technologically enriched environment.
- We value teachers who teach by example, principals who lead by example, and support staff who serve by example.
- We value dedicated educators who mentor others to develop successful professional learning communities.
- We value professional development that directly impacts student achievement.
- We value schools that are student-friendly, parent-friendly and community-friendly.
- We value building relationships between each school and the community it serves.
- We value the commitment and contributions of all members of our diverse school community - students, parents, community and staff.
- We value our community, which entrusts us to responsibly manage the fiscal resources of the District.