Meet the CAPE Team
The CAPE team is responsible for the strategic and ongoing marketing and communication of WESD schools, students and staff. Communication planning, marketing, public engagement, digital communication, media relations, crisis communication and recognition are primary areas of focus of the department. The mission of the CAPE Department is to acknowledge the accomplishments of WESD schools, programs and staff and communicate those accomplishments to our diverse population utilizing traditional and digital communication methods. Additionally, the department actively pursues community, business and faith-based partnerships to support the District's mission.
The CAPE team is (l to r): Marian Grgurich, graphics specialist; Nicole Rodriguez, communications coordinator; and Pam Horton, director.
Who to call:
COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT
Director of CAPE
- Community/Business Partners
- Media Requests
- Crisis Communication – advisories/outdials/texting
- Recognition Events – Employee and student
- Special events – food drive, United Way, Read Across America
- Back-up for web/social media
- Design/create special publications, programs, banners, etc.
- Design/create logos and collateral materials, e.g. letterhead, newsletter mastheads, business cards
- Digital and printed graphics
- Social Media – District and School
- Web Sites – District and School
- Press Releases
- Special Communications
- Awards Writing
- Back-up for media and crisis communications