Submit a Referral
Who May Refer a Child?
Children may be referred to Search to Serve by any of the following:
- Parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
- Other family members
- School personnel
- Child care providers
- Community agencies
- Infant and toddler programs
When Should a Child be Referred?
- When the child may not be meeting developmental milestones
- When the child seems to have difficulties understanding simple directions
- When the parent(s) or guardian(s) or others outside the family do not understand the child’s speech
- When a physical or medical disorder is interfering with the child’s development
- When the child appears to have social or emotional difficulties that affect their ability to learn
- When the child seems to have problems seeing or hearing
Concerns may not be limited to those listed above. Any condition which may impact a child’s ability to learn can be a basis for referral.
Submit a Referral: