Online Registration Frequently Asked Questions

  • I have more than one child. Can I enroll them all through Online Enrollment?

  • How will I know the status of my enrollment?

  • How do I attach (upload) documents in Online Registration?

Online Registration FAQs

  • I do not have a ParentVUE login. How do I create an account?

    • If you are an existing parent in the District but never used your PVUE account.
      • An activation key is needed to enable your account.
        • Contact the school office to obtain your activation key.
      • Go to:
      • Click on More Options
      • Click on Activate Account
      • Enter the First Name, Last Name, and Activation Code exactly as it appears on the Activation Key letter
      • Once you have enabled your account please login to ParentVUE Online Registration
    • If you ever had a student in our district (in the past 10 years)
      • Follow the same process as the above the "Existing parent in District"
    • If you have never had a student in our district,

    I have an existing ParentVUE account. Where do I go to access Online Enrollment?

    Click this link to visit the ParentVUE Online Registration Access page

    I forgot my password. How do I reset my password?

    Click this link to reset your password



    Why is my electronic signature required?

    The electronic signature certifies that you are either the parent or guardian of the enrolling student and that the information in the registration is true, accurate, and up-to-date. It also allows you to grant the Washington Elementary School District staff permission, in an emergency, to take your child to the closest emergency center for treatment in the event you cannot be reached. It is understood that the nurse will try to reach the parent(s) and other persons listed before arranging for transportation to an emergency facility.

    Can I upload documents through Online Enrollment or do they have to be submitted as a hard copy?

    Documents can be uploaded at the end of the online enrollment process.  If necessary, documents can be hand-delivered to the Registration Center during regular business hours. Please let us know if you wish to use this option. 

    IMPORTANT NOTE: Proof of Residency must be uploaded, or hand-delivered to the Registration Center before the student begins attending school or before the enrollment is accepted.

    What do I have to submit to show proof of custody or guardianship?

    Legal guardianship or custody papers are necessary, if applicable to this student based on the following scenarios:

    • If adoption has taken place, it is reflected with an amended birth certificate, and student lives with adoptive parents as listed on the amended birth certificate, that is sufficient.
    • If the student lives with one custodial parent as the result of a divorce.
    • If the student lives with anyone else, i.e. grandparents, aunt, uncle, sibling, friends, or other relatives. We must have a photocopy of the court papers granting guardianship within 30 days of enrollment.

    Why do I have to provide emergency contacts?

    Emergency contacts are contacts other than the parents/guardians who have the parent’s authorization to collect the student from the facility in case of emergency or if the parent cannot be contacted.

    What if I don’t have anyone to list as an emergency contact?

    All Kindergarten through 8th-grade students must have at least one emergency contact other than the parent. If a person is not available, then enter the local police department or the Department of Child Safety.

    If I live out of the school or district boundaries do I need to contact the school first?

    Parents may contact the school to inquire if there are any current restrictions regarding Open Enrollments for any grade level(s) before accessing Online Enrollment. We encourage parents to complete the Open Enrollment process with the school office staff prior to enrolling. You may upload the approved Open Enrollment form as part of the Online Enrollment or deliver a hard copy to the Registration Center.  (For more information about Open Enrollment click here).

    Whom do I contact if I have an issue during the online enrollment process?

    The Registration Center staff can assist you through online enrollment during office hours. 

    Do I have to complete the entire online enrollment process at once?

    No, once a parent has begun the online enrollment and has set their User ID and Password, they can log in or log out and continue the enrollment process later. When you log out, the system will save your place on the last page you completed.

    When can I access ParentVUE?

    ParentVUE is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, there may be times when the system is unavailable due to system updates.

    Which web browser do I need to use ParentVUE?

    ParentVUE will work best with Microsoft’s Edge or Google Chrome.

    Why so much security?

    While parents and students have the right to access this information, it is our goal to ensure that the information remains as secure as possible.

    How safe is ParentVUE?

    ParentVUE is completely safe. Student information can only be “viewed”.

    My account is disabled. How do I re-enable my account?

    For security reasons, ParentVUE disables accounts when a password is entered incorrectly more than three times or when the students linked to the parent are withdrawn from school. To re-enable your account, contact the school office during regular business hours.

    Can I use the same login for all my children at Washington Elementary School District?

    Yes. If you are not seeing one or more children with your login, it can be an indication of a duplicate parent record in the system. Please contact your student's school (the student you are unable to see in ParentVUE) to fix this issue.

    Is Online Enrollment available on the ParentVUE mobile app?

    Yes, Online Enrollment is accessible on the mobile app.

    Do I have to enroll my child through online enrollment?

    No, paper enrollment packets are available at our Registration Center or you may request a copy at the school office to fill out and bring to the Registration Center.