Proof of Arizona Residency Requirements
Per Arizona law (ARS§15-802), parents/guardians must provide proof of Arizona residence.
The documents must have:
- The name of the parent/guardian registering the student
- The residential address or physical description of the property where the student resides
Approved documents are:
- Valid Arizona driver’s license, Arizona identification card, or motor vehicle registration
- Real estate deed or mortgage documents
- Property tax bill (most recent)
- Valid residential lease or rental agreement (signed by both the property owner/manager & tenant)
- Arizona Section 8 agreement (issued by the city government)
- Water, electric, gas, cable, or phone bill (most recent and using the service address)
- Bank or credit card statement (most recent)
- W-2 wage statement (most recent)
- Payroll stub (most recent)
- Certificate of tribal enrollment (506 Form) or other identification issued by a recognized Indian tribe that contains an Arizona address.
- Documentation from state, tribal, or federal government agency (Social Security Administration, Veteran’s Administration, Arizona Department of Economic Security) – (most recent)
- Temporary on-base billeting facility (for military families)
- Consular identification card issued by a foreign government as a valid form of identification if the foreign government uses biometric verification techniques in issuing the consular identification card.
* For members of the armed services, the provision of verifiable documentation does not serve as a declaration of official residency for income tax or other legal purposes