Welcome and Registration Center
Located west of Cholla Middle School at 3200 W. Cholla, parents can register their children for any of Washington Elementary School District's 32 schools.
The centralized location eliminates the need for families to go to each child's school to register. The Welcome and Registration Center offers extended daily hours, is open during select school breaks, and has a bilingual staff who provide individualized attention during the registration process.
Students Register at Registration Center when:
Students Register at the School Office when:
- Students are new to WESD
- Students are coming from WESD Head Start or ECE KidSpace programs entering Kindergarten
- Students whose last WESD attendance was over a year ago
- Students have attended a WESD school this school-year or last school-year AND are changing schools. (Students advancing from elementary school to middle school do not need to register for the new school year)
- Students are transferring for Special Education needs
- Students have an approved Open Enrollment to transfer to another WESD school
Children must be 5 years old before September 1 to be registered for kindergarten. Children must turn 6 years old before September 1 to be registered for first grade.
Parents should remember to bring with them:
- A certified copy of the child's birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Proof of residence (e.g. lease agreement, escrow papers, recent utility bill)
- Legal papers regarding custody, if applicable
- Registration Packet (click)
If you are planning to move in the near future, please contact your current school office. If your child will still be attending a school in the Washington District, his or her records can be transferred to the new school after the registration process has been completed.
Please call 602-896-6950 for more information.