School Bus Expectations
The Bus Expectations are posted in all school buses and in the Parent/Student Handbook. Violation of the bus expectations may result in a discipline referral and could lead to the suspension of bus privileges.
State law forbids the following items on a school bus:
- Dangerous Items
Bus Stop Expectations
Be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. If there are no children waiting at the bus stop when the bus arrives, the driver will stop, look, and depart. Our buses run to multiple schools and cannot wait for a child who is running late.
- Respect private property.
- While at the bus stop, wait quietly in a safe place well away from the road.
- Do not run and play while waiting for the bus to arrive.
- Do not litter.
Loading and Unloading ProceduresBoarding the Bus:
- When the bus approaches, stand at least three steps (six feet) away from the road, and line up away from the street without crowding or pushing.
- Board the bus in an orderly manner.
- Find a seat quickly.
- Avoid pushing others.
Leaving the Bus:
- Get off at your designated stop.
- Avoid pushing others
- If you must cross the street,
- Walk ten feet in front of the bus
- Stop and look both ways to be certain all traffic has stopped
- Proceed to the other side of the street.
- Go directly home.