School Bus Rules
The Bus Rules below are posted in all of the school buses and in the student handbook. Violation of the bus rules will result in a misconduct report to the Principal and could lead to the suspension of bus privileges.
- Respect the driver, other passengers, and their property; seats may be assigned.
- Follow directions immediately when asked.
- Talk quietly and keep hands to yourself; no fighting.
- Be courteous, no profanity, vulgar language or obscene gestures.
- No eating, chewing gum or drinking (except bottled water). No littering or destruction of the bus.
- Keep the aisle clear, remain in your seat and face the front of the bus until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Keep all parts of your body inside the bus.
- Unless you have a bus pass you are only authorized to get off at your assigned bus stop.
- No balloons, skateboards, roller blades, or scooters allowed on the bus
- Instruments or equipment shall be under the passenger’s control at all times or secured in the school bus.
State law forbids the following items on a school bus:
Bus Stop Rules
- Dangerous Items
Loading and Unloading ProceduresBoarding the Bus:
Be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. If there are no children waiting at the bus stop when the bus arrives, the driver will stop, look, and depart. Our buses run to multiple schools and cannot wait for a child who is running late.
- Respect private property.
- While at the bus stop, wait quietly in a safe place well away from the road.
- Do not run and play while waiting for the bus to arrive.
- Do not litter.
- When the bus approaches, stand at least three steps (six feet) away from the road, and line up away from the street without crowding or pushing.
- Board the bus in an orderly manner.
- Find a seat quickly.
- Avoid pushing others.
Leaving the Bus:
- Get off at your designated stop.
- Avoid pushing others
- If you must cross the street,
- Walk ten feet in front of the bus
- Stop and look both ways to be certain all traffic has stopped
- Proceed to the other side of the street.
- Go directly home.