Accepting Applications In January 2022!
The Washington Elementary School District provides services for all school-age students identified as gifted in verbal, quantitative, and/or non-verbal reasoning. The Flex Program is included in that continuum of services. What makes the Flex Program unique is that it is designed specifically for gifted 7th – 8th graders who are considered to be highly-gifted.
Program Description: Coursework includes a language arts and social studies integrated block, advanced inquiry-based science course and higher level math classes. In addition, students design, investigate and create independent study projects based on individual interest.
Program Philosophy: Every student deserves the appropriate educational opportunities to enable achievement commensurate with ability and to be challenged with the academic rigor they need. The end goal is to produce a self-directed, assertive, productive learner who is a contributing member of society. The necessary educational differentiation and opportunities to interact and work with peers provides these students with an appropriate, effective educational experience.
FLEX Gifted Program Application (7th-8th grade)
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-347-2651.
- At least 97% in one area of giftedness, plus 90% or higher in a second area, plus 80% or higher in a third area on a state approved gifted assessment
- Completed application
- Demonstration of the Habits of a Scholar
FLEX Application form
1) Letter from the student describing why they would like to join the Flex Program and how they exhibit the Habits of a Scholar
2) A video showing one-three samples of student work
3) Teacher recommendation (email link to teacher)