Tips for Parents
Tips For Parents To Help Improve Your Student's Attendance
- Let your child know that his or her education is a family priority.
- Make sure your child has a regular bedtime and gets at least eight hours of sleep every night.
- Check the alarm clock every night to ensure it is set to go off at the correct time and that it is turned on.
- Make sure you are up early enough to get your child off to school on time.
- Do not enable your child by allowing unexcused absences.
- If your child does not want to attend school, talk to him or her and listen to your child's answers.
- If your child refuses to go to school, do not hesitate to ask for help from the school.
- Offer praise to your child for school tasks well done, including good attendance.
- Get involved in your child's education.