Language Line is an over-the-phone interpretation provider covering over 170 languages.
When should I use Language Line?
- When you need to communicate with parents in a language for which we do not have an interpreter available; or
- You have an emergency and you cannot get an interpreter from the Administrative Center and you do not have an approved interpreter available at your school.
Why would I use Language Line?
- Reliable and professional language help in communicating with your limited or non-English speaking parent.
- Consistent access within seconds to the highest quality interpreters.
- Complete confidentiality.
- Get the non-English speaker on the line and ask him or her to hold .
- Dial 1-866-874-3972.
- Enter Client ID = 544107.
- Press 1 for Spanish or 2 for other languages.
- Enter your Access Code (three-digit school number).
- Brief the interpreter on what you are attempting to accomplish.
- Add the non-English speaker to the line.
A Real-time Headset is conference interpretation equipment providing the ability to have simultaneous translation in group meetings.
When should I use Real-time Headsets:
- If you are having a meeting and the participants speak more than one language.
- If you have between three and 100 meeting participants who require interpretation.
How to request Real-time Headsets:
- Complete a request form.
- Equipment is available in sets of 25 or 50. Maximum request – 100.
- Equipment subject to availability.