Your Experience Counts has partnered with WESD to provide trained volunteers who support student achievement.
Current partner schools: Orangewood, Richard E. Miller, & Moon Mountain
Your Experience Counts volunteers:
- Commit to two or more hours per week (during the school day), based on availability and geographic preference.
- Are assigned to work alongside a teacher, supporting students for the duration of the school year.
- Provide support for 3rd-6th graders in reading, writing, math, and science.
- Meet monthly with other YEC members to share stories and discuss best practices.
As a YEC member, you will be trained in:
- Policy issues related to the critical state of public education
- Knowledge and skills for working with a diverse student population
- Proven teaching strategies and cooperative learning techniques
Please visit https://www.handsonphoenix.org/yec-apply to watch a short video about our program. Click on the “Apply Now!” button to submit an online application and initiate next steps. New member trainings are held regionally, between August and December each school year. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org • 623.223.9248