Search to Serve at WESD
Search to Serve conducts Child Find activities in the WESD. The purpose of Child Find is to locate and evaluate children aged two years and nine months to five years old suspected of having a disability. If the disability impacts his/her learning or educational performance, special education and/or related services may be recommended. If you have or know a child who seems to have difficulty speaking or learning, help is available.
Search to Serve is located atThe Service Center Annex1502 W. Mountain View Rd.Phoenix, AZ 85021Contact
Frequently Asked Questions
Based on your child's screening results, a follow-up meeting to determine further evaluation or interventions may be recommended.
WESD Special Needs Preschool Program
WESD offers a Special Needs Preschool Program designed for children identified through the Child Find Process. This program is:
- A free program intended for children 2.9 - 5 years old with an identified disability.
- For children who live within the Washington Elementary School District boundaries.
- Staffed with an Early Childhood Special Education teacher and one or more teaching assistants
- Designed with in-class therapies (speech, language, occupational and physical therapy) for two and a half hours a day, four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday).
- A language rich, play based program that provides developmentally appropriate instruction guided by Arizona State Early Learning Standards.