Main Phone: 602-347-4300
School Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Early Release Wednesdays: 8:15 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Early Release Wednesdays: 7:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Principal: Chance Whiteman
Assistant Principal: Philip Nichols
TEACHING and REACHING the WHOLE CHILD:
Social, Emotional, and Academic Growth and
Achievement at Sunnyslope
- SOCIAL – Sunnyslope is a National Model School for the Kids at Hope philosophy. This means that adults at Sunnyslope believe and practice that all children are capable of success…No Exceptions!
- SOCIAL – Sunnyslope thrives at middle school sports! Our Eagle Girls Volleyball team won the 2022 K-8 WESD District Championship.
- EMOTIONAL – Sunnyslope is a PBIS school! The use of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports creates an environment where students and staff are safe, responsible and respectful! Sunnyslope was awarded a PBIS Community Award from PBISAZ in 2020/2021.
- ACADEMIC – In 2022, Sunnyslope earned a B label from the Arizona Department of Education in the A-F model. Sunnyslope ranked 5th out of 32 schools in growth from the state test in 2021 to the state test in 2022.
- ACADEMIC – In 2022, Sunnyslope had the highest Mathematics achievement on the Arizona’s Academic Standards Assessment (AASA) in the Royal Palm region of the Washington Elementary School District.
Governing Board Recognizes Students for Earning Perfect Scores on Math and ELA Portions of Arizona’s Academic Standards Assessment at August 17 Meeting