Main Phone: 602-347-4300
School Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Early Release Wednesdays: 8:15 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Early Release Wednesdays: 7:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Principal: Chance Whiteman
Assistant Principal: Philip Nichols
TEACHING and REACHING the WHOLE CHILD:
Social, Emotional, and Academic Growth and
Achievement at Sunnyslope
- SOCIAL – Sunnyslope is a National Model School for the Kids at Hope philosophy. This means that adults at Sunnyslope believe and practice that all children are capable of success…No Exceptions!
- SOCIAL – Sunnyslope thrives at middle school sports! Our Eagle Girls Volleyball team won the 2022 K-8 WESD District Championship.
- EMOTIONAL – Sunnyslope is a PBIS school! The use of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports creates an environment where students and staff are safe, responsible and respectful! Sunnyslope was awarded a PBIS Community Award from PBISAZ in 2020/2021.
- ACADEMIC – In 2022, Sunnyslope earned a B label from the Arizona Department of Education in the A-F model. Sunnyslope ranked 5th out of 32 schools in growth from the state test in 2021 to the state test in 2022.
- ACADEMIC – In 2022, Sunnyslope had the highest Mathematics achievement on the Arizona’s Academic Standards Assessment (AASA) in the Royal Palm region of the Washington Elementary School District.