What is Site Council?
Site Council functions as a school-based leadership group. The responsibilities of the Sunburst Site Council are to serve in a cooperative, decision-making capacity while:
- Facilitating school improvement planning regarding agreed upon school qualities
- Facilitating short-term problem solving regarding school-level issues
- Facilitating communication with various constituencies, other councils, the Superintendent, and the Board
- Facilitating school budget support with effective use of general tax credit funds to support WESD students in the school improvement process
- Facilitating team growth; and conducting other activities as deemed necessary by the Principal, Superintendent, and/or Board.
The mission of the Sunburst Site Council is to make quality decisions focused on the needs of children that include a safe, effective learning environment and high expectations for students.
Who is on Site Council?
The Council shall consist of a maximum of 15 voting members to include: Principal, up to 5 Certified Personnel, up to 2 Community Members, Up to 2 Classified Personnel, Up to 5 Parents/Guardians. Available site council positions include:
Parent/Guardians**, Teachers, Community members, and Classified.
**A parent or guardian who is employed by WESD may serve as a member of the school site council if the parent or guardian is not employed at the same school where the parent or guardian’s child is enrolled.
When are meetings?
Meetings will be held monthly at 4:30PM. See 21-22 dates below:
Aug. 12th| Sept. 16th| Oct. 21st| Nov. 18th| Dec. 16th
Jan. 20th| Feb 17th| Mar 24th| Apr. 21st| May 19th
Sunburst Elementary School | 14218 N. 47th Ave | Phoenix, AZ 85306 | (602) 896-6400