The Council shall consist of a maximum of thirteen (13) voting members, each with one vote. The members of the Council may include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Administration - The principal of the building shall have a permanent seat on the Council (with one vote).
- Certified Personnel - There shall be four voting full- or part-time certified positions on the Council. Included in this group are teachers, tutors, librarians, coaches, counselors, school psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational-therapists, physical therapists, and advisors.
- Classified Personnel - There shall be one voting non-certificated employee position on the Council for any of Mountain Sky. This member may be selected from secretaries, custodians, aides, cafeteria employees, crossing guards, or nurses.
- Parents/Guardians/Community Members/Observer
- There shall be four voting parent/guardian positions in the council category. Parents/guardians must have a child currently enrolled at Mountain Sky or reside in the Mountain Sky attendance area.
- There shall be one voting community member position. This member shall not have children going to Mountain Sky and must reside or have a business in the attendance area.
- There shall be one nonvoting process observer designated by the principal and approved by the MSSC. This person shall attend each meeting and have the duties of assisting the facilitation by providing feedback during and after the meeting to the co-chairs and the council. This person shall be trained in process observation and group facilitation skills.
Current Council Composition
- Current Parent Representatives: Bethany Taylor, Heather Krause
- Current Teacher Representatives: Karen Mull, Deanna Handorf, Morgan Mathes
- Current Community Member Representative: Karen Huttenmeyer
- Current Classified Employee Representative: Mark Fortin