The library is open 8:45 a.m.-4:00p.m.
The purpose of the Desert Foothills library is to support students' development as lifelong learners and readers. This is accomplished by giving students access to resources and teaching them to evaluate information; the very skills needed to be successful in the Age of Information.
Library skills and information-literacy instruction encourage responsible behavior and the ethical treatment of others, both in-person and online. It is our goal to encourage students to practice the most fundamental skill: reading.
Guidelines and Expectations
- Silence is golden.
- Respect yourself and others.
- Students must have their school ID to use the library.
- Students can check out 3 books at a time for a period of two weeks.
- Books can be renewed indefinitely unless it is on hold for another patron.
- Students must have the books with them in order to renew.
- Library privileges and some school activities will be suspended for overdue books and unpaid fines.
The library is also responsible for the distribution of temporary IDs. If you have forgotten your ID at home, please come to the library during lunchtime ONLY to get a temp. You are expected to return your temp the NEXT DAY during homeroom. If you have lost your ID, you can purchase a new one for $2.00.
Students who lose or damage their library books can either pay for the book at the library (exact amount) or they may bring in another book to replace the lost one. The replacement book MUST be in excellent condition and be acceptable for a junior high library.